Sunday 5 July 2009

Pickles and Icecream All Finished

So here it is, all 480 triangles of it!!! Sorry the washing line is a bit wonky I dug the hole myself and poured the concrete and its never stood up straight!



The back is a slightly different green but looked great with the hot pink thread I used on the stippling



With all the seams (see here) it was quite hard so I did a big stipple. I think I would prefered a slightly smaller stipple.




I love the movement of the quilt and trying to find all the shapes within the shapes.



My sister loves it and has whisked it away without a photo of her. I shall when she is huge, take a photo. I had friends over on Friday and one of them announced they were also pregnant. Guess what she asked for!..lol.... I declined very very nicely and said I would make her one in the same colours but not this pattern.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! Lots of work on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks great! I can understand why you'd want to do the large stipling, it works well too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a relief. I thought your house was wonky! It's a fantastic quilt. No wonder it's popular. After 480 triangles I'm not surprised you don't want to make another. Love the hot pink thread. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete