Monday 21 June 2010

Midsummer Night Fun

We have been avidly watching football for the past week and not being very impressed with the scores! My sisters house half way through the game, just as he fumbled that ball!





The fabrics have arrived for the Fresh and Funky Quilting Bee that I'm in.







and I went to see A Midsummer Nights Dream at Hall Place, it was fab. Here we are with Titania and Helena. We had just won raffle tickets for Sense and Sensibility. I do believe a large picnic blanket with matching lap quilt is in order to watch open-air theatre.

9 comments:

  1. The group gathered at your sister's house looks too serious. Though I guess under the circumstances, I might not be smiling either. Outdoor theater is a lot of fun - I've been to a few, but not in a long while. And those fabrics...oooh, I want them too! What will you be doing with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for a picnic blanket and matching lap quilt! I just watched a version of Midsummer's Night starring Jimmy Cagney and Olivia de Haviland over the weekend. It was black and white but the photography was fab and the costumes were gorgeous!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun family time! And live theater is fun anytime! Looking forward to seeing what you do with those nice fabrics! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fer, never thought of it that way! So Midsummer is the 21st Dec ? and All Hallows would be April 30th ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully the World Cup will get better for you. Love the fabrics, can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are having so much fun and your fabrics are wonderful! Can't wait for pictures of your project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love those fabrics! So summery! I love the idea of watching an outdoor play on a quilt :) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's not mention the World Cup shall we? Love those bright fabrics. Gotta love a picnic and a nice quilt will be just the right accessory to some delicious food. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. With everybody not too happy with the game results, who's the fellow with "thumbs up"? Your outdoor play looks like a great time and the fabrics are wonderful. They are so bright and cheerful! Mary

    ReplyDelete