Thursday 7 October 2010

Pincushion and a peak

Blogger has put my photos on the wrong way round which is really how I feel today, so lets work backwards!



Here's a peak at Rowena's quilt that is coming together quite nicely.
I got the backing today and have until Saturday to quilt it!
Nothing like leaving it till the last minute!


The back



I joined a pincushion swap on flickr and using the small scraps left over from trimming the spiderweb block I made a small rectangle pincushion.
Its on it way to my swap partner, hope you like it.

The reason for feeling backwards, Aubrey took a dive on the playground yesterday.
So we spent 4 hours at A&E waiting for a Dr to glue her back together.
She is sporting a large gash on her eyelid and a fab black eye!

7 comments:

  1. Ouch!! I hate it when the little ones get owies like that!! Hope she recovers soon;) I love the pincushion;) And can't wait to see the rest of the quilt;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owww, Owww, Owww, it hurts to read about the injury. Kids heal fast, but it does sound painful. The pincushion is so cute, I've gotta make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever wonder how long you would have waited if you had not had an 'emergency'? Four hours is a LONG time! Hope the glue holds and she heals quickly! Hope you took a picture of her eye; it's not funny now, but will be to her someday. The pincushion is cute! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor sweetie!!! I hope she recovers well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Aubrey! Hope she mends soon :-)

    The pincushion is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Aubrey! I hope school photos aren't any time soon. I love Rowena's quilt and the pincushion looks fabulous! Lucky swap partner. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! Poor Aubrey. Hope she heals fast. Hope you are recovering from the trauma too. It is so hard when the little ones get hurt. (No matter how big they are).
    Rowena's quilt looks very pretty, can't wait to see it all done.
    Love the scrappy pincushion you made for the swap.

    ReplyDelete