Monday 9 July 2012

Riley's quilt

In August Riley will have to go for the first of three operations.
He wants to take a quilt with him as he will be in hospital for a week.
So using Riley Blake's Wheels, some solids and lots of white sashing I have the beginnings of a quilt.
I have used this tutorial for the block.


I have to find my iron so I can give it a good press then add in all the sashing


Riley has chosen the fabric for the back, its dark blue with diggers!!
Does not match the front at all but hes been coveting it every time we visit the fabric shop.
Bless!

You will have to excuse the darkness of the photos, its rained here everyday for the past five weeks.
The quilt in person is very bright.
Maybe I should build an ark instead.


5 comments:

  1. Your son understands the point of a quilt! I'm sure it will be a comfort to him. How could it not be with diggers on the back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's his quilt! I think he should have whatever he wants, LOL! Can you send some rain this way?

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had too much rain and we haven't had any.
    The quilt is so cute. I like the block and the sashing.
    When is the first surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt. And a great reason to make it. My backs often don't have anything to do with the front - I use it as a way to bring a bit more of the recipient's personality into the quilt. Good luck to little Riley on his surgery. And you can send some of that rain my way too...no ark-building going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made many a quilt where the back doesn't match the front because the receiver had input in the design process...they love it that much more;)
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete